My name is Carlos; I am a 24 year old third year law student. I caught the travel bug when I was 20 years old and sailed around the world on the MV Explorer from Jan. 2008 to May 2008. It was the most amazing experience of my life. I learned a lot about myself along the journey, I don't know if I would have the passion for travel I do now if it was not for that experience. Ever since I can’t get enough, going so many places I would've never even dreamed just a few years ago when I was complacently trapped in my American bubble. In what is presumably my last summer of freedom before I become imprisoned by corporate America, I am embarking on a journey through South America. Mostly to become fluent in a language I should’ve been taught a long time ago as a child being half Puerto Rican, but also to see, learn, explore and grow in a way only possible through travel.

Monday, July 25, 2011

New Town New Skinny Dipping Story (Santa Marta/Taganga)

Oldest Cathedral In South America

            Santa Marta was not exactly the most beautiful city, but it had its charms.  Close to Tayrona, cheap food and less humidity than Cartagena.  The nightlife however was leaps and bounds better than Cartagena.  This was mostly due to the ridiculous amount of backpackers who venture there in order to do the lost city trek or go to Taryona.  Every night people would be out till 5-8am.  The night would always start out with everyone pregaming at the hostel then going to one of two clubs in the fishing village 10 minutes away in Taganga.  El Mirador or Sensations were the two huge discotecas in the village of Taganga.  Everyone dancing the night away till around 4am then an after party would commence at the Israeli hostel till sunlight.  One of the nights Luke had the grand idea of getting everyone from our hostel to skinny dip after El Mirador closed in the Caribbean ocean in Taganga.  What we all failed to realize is that the police station was only 100 yards away.  So as 15 of us are in the ocean Luke is standing naked on the beach trying to convince Taylor the last one to lady up and do it.  Next thing you know 5 cops are walking up one with a giant log, which he tosses at a drunken naked Luke.  Luke immediately sprints to the ocean.  The cops then tell everyone that if we get out now we wont get in trouble.  So everyone gets out of the ocean and gets dressed.  However Ollie the hilarious English ginger kid whom Ashley coined the nickname “Big Fucking Ginge” wonders over to a group of Colombians thinking they took his clothes as a joke.  As they all sit laughing at him, everyone yells to Ollie his clothes are with us.




No comments:

Post a Comment