My name is Carlos; I am a 24 year old third year law student. I caught the travel bug when I was 20 years old and sailed around the world on the MV Explorer from Jan. 2008 to May 2008. It was the most amazing experience of my life. I learned a lot about myself along the journey, I don't know if I would have the passion for travel I do now if it was not for that experience. Ever since I can’t get enough, going so many places I would've never even dreamed just a few years ago when I was complacently trapped in my American bubble. In what is presumably my last summer of freedom before I become imprisoned by corporate America, I am embarking on a journey through South America. Mostly to become fluent in a language I should’ve been taught a long time ago as a child being half Puerto Rican, but also to see, learn, explore and grow in a way only possible through travel.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas


The Castillo San Felipe de Barajas is a fortress in the city of Cartagena, Colombia. The castle is located on the Hill of San Lázaro in a strategic location, dominating approaches to the city by land or sea.  Built by the Spanish during the colonial era.  It was only a 10-minute walk from my hostel in an area I was supposedly not supposed to be walking in but I didn’t feel in danger at any point.  Once in the fortress you can walk through passageways for what seems like forever.   They are very dim lighted so I assume back in the day one needed a torch to navigate through them.  They wind around and just keep going lower and lower I’m surprised I didn’t get lost.




No comments:

Post a Comment