My name is Carlos; I am a 24 year old third year law student. I caught the travel bug when I was 20 years old and sailed around the world on the MV Explorer from Jan. 2008 to May 2008. It was the most amazing experience of my life. I learned a lot about myself along the journey, I don't know if I would have the passion for travel I do now if it was not for that experience. Ever since I can’t get enough, going so many places I would've never even dreamed just a few years ago when I was complacently trapped in my American bubble. In what is presumably my last summer of freedom before I become imprisoned by corporate America, I am embarking on a journey through South America. Mostly to become fluent in a language I should’ve been taught a long time ago as a child being half Puerto Rican, but also to see, learn, explore and grow in a way only possible through travel.

Monday, July 25, 2011

El Santo

 
            My first night in Santa Marta some Australians invited me out to dinner to El Santo.  The acid tripping Irishmen recommended it, so I was hesitant at first to eat there.  However El Santo proved to be one of the best restaurants I have been to in my life.  An Argentine steakhouse in Colombia located a few blocks from the seafront in the old town.  A very simplistic menu but everything was amazing.  I ate here 5 days of the two weeks I was in Santa Marta.  A 450mg steak with mashed potatoes and ratatouille was only $12.  The meal I ate would easily be priced well over $40 if it were served in America.



No comments:

Post a Comment