My name is Carlos; I am a 24 year old third year law student. I caught the travel bug when I was 20 years old and sailed around the world on the MV Explorer from Jan. 2008 to May 2008. It was the most amazing experience of my life. I learned a lot about myself along the journey, I don't know if I would have the passion for travel I do now if it was not for that experience. Ever since I can’t get enough, going so many places I would've never even dreamed just a few years ago when I was complacently trapped in my American bubble. In what is presumably my last summer of freedom before I become imprisoned by corporate America, I am embarking on a journey through South America. Mostly to become fluent in a language I should’ve been taught a long time ago as a child being half Puerto Rican, but also to see, learn, explore and grow in a way only possible through travel.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Buses in Chile


     Make sure you book at least 4 days in advance.  I was forced to stay longer than I wanted in Santiago because buses were booked up for another 2 days.  Every company I tried was booked up.  My cab driver took me to the wrong terminal which was 10 min walk from the one I needed to be at and by the time I made it just 2 minutes after the bus was scheduled to leave I had missed my bus.  I’ve taken about 10 overnight buses this was the first one ever to leave on time.  I had to pay $20 extra to get last seat on the 9pm bus, then had to spend $10 cab ride back to y hostel to sit all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment