My name is Carlos; I am a 24 year old third year law student. I caught the travel bug when I was 20 years old and sailed around the world on the MV Explorer from Jan. 2008 to May 2008. It was the most amazing experience of my life. I learned a lot about myself along the journey, I don't know if I would have the passion for travel I do now if it was not for that experience. Ever since I can’t get enough, going so many places I would've never even dreamed just a few years ago when I was complacently trapped in my American bubble. In what is presumably my last summer of freedom before I become imprisoned by corporate America, I am embarking on a journey through South America. Mostly to become fluent in a language I should’ve been taught a long time ago as a child being half Puerto Rican, but also to see, learn, explore and grow in a way only possible through travel.

Monday, August 15, 2011

BA is so BA



























































       Right off the boat BA amazed me.  It’s absolutely gorgeous and very European, reminding me of Paris.  This is probably the reason they have the nickname “Paris of South America”.  It’s really clean, and finally someone has a good metro system.  I would definitely put it in my top three stand-alone cities I have ever traveled to.  (Barcelona, Capetown, Buenos Aires).  Even in winter the weather is not bad; never lower than 45-55 in winter.  BA has so many pizza places its ridiculous and the pizza is nasty as shit.  The food in BA/Argentina is not good.  Well, the beef is the best beef in the world so steaks are amazing, but one cannot simply eat a giant slab of meat with potatoes for every meal.  There is only beef, potatoes, and pizza no other options all lacking any type of spice.  There’s a reason I went to Burger King for dinner one night during the week, even the beef at BK destroyed the US.  It was like a gourmet burger but at BK.  The clubs in BA are insane; some even stay open 24 hours.  They have huge discotechas holding 1,000-5,000 people.  People don’t go out here till 1:30am-2am.  Still people get up for work its unreal.  I went and saw Harry Potter by myself that shows how dedicated of a fan I am ha.  I always said how embarrassing it was if you had to go to the movies alone but I am in a foreign country and I love the films so I went.   My hostel was very nice, I stayed at Terreza Estoril in Palmero it had some incredible views from the rooftop terrace.   I had planned on leaving BA after 4 days but on Sunday night I left my only winter jacket, with my ipod in it at coat check.  The club didn’t open again till Thursday so instead of leaving that Tuesday I had to stay till Friday, as the club didn’t open till 1am technically on Friday.  It’s really easy to use BA’s metro to get to all the sites in town; it should only take about 2-3 days to see everything.  I randomly came across a huge Peruvian festival, which was so random considering I am in Argentina.  It was really cool though lots of food, live music, and hundreds of people.  For some reason everyone here thinks I am Brazilian, people keep trying to talk to me in Portuguese even if I asked a question In Spanish which is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment